Sunday, April 22, 2018

Im thankful for Muddy Shoes


 
These are the shoes I wear most of the time.  They are not shoes that I wear in the mud.  I had just gotten the kids out the door for carpool and I was figuring out what errands I needed to run.  My neighbor was getting laser eye surgery that day and even though it is not a surgery that would keep her down she did need to relax the rest of the day.
I got spunky and decided I would take dinner into them that evening.  I looked up some recipes to make sure I didn't need anything at the store.  The morning news was on and the weather man said there was going to be a lot of wind in the afternoon.  I decided I would go out front and move a couple of things off the porch so they didn't blow away.  While I was cleaning up the porch I realized I hadn't watered my flower pots for a couple of days so I better do that while I was thinking about it.  Well if I am watering the flowers on the front porch I better water the flowers on the deck or else I would forget.  So I walked through the house and out onto the deck.  It had only been a few seconds from the front porch to the back deck but I heard a familiar noise.  My sprinklers were turning on.  The city irrigation water had been turned on.  Actually I had sprinkler heads shooting off and water spickets on full blast.  Unfortunately, because I was off my feet last fall the yard clean up wasn't done the same way I typically do it.  I ran back to the main water valve to shut off the water but one of the boys must have knocked off the pipe that we use to turn the water on and off.  I had water/ mud filling up everything.  I tried to find the main valve but between the mud, water and the inability to get on my hands and knees to reach down and dig out the whole I was just getting wet and muddy.  I started running around the yard shutting down the water as fast as I could.
We had one of our window wells filling up quickly so I didn't waste time diving into the sprinkler valve box with the bugs that had hibernated there for the winter.  I got everything shut off and went around the house to check the damage.  Within such a short time frame my craft room in the basement was a little wet.  Can you imagine what would have happened if it had been minutes or hours before I found the water on.   I thanked the Lord that I had been distracted this morning and I hadn't left to run errands when I was planning to.
Actually, I thought the Lord blessed me today because I was trying and planning to "minister"  to others.

2 comments:

  1. If you would have had the basement flood again that would have been the worst. It still sounds bad turning the water off. That honestly is a blessing you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how blessed you were to catch that before it was too late. It makes me sick to think what could have happened.

    ReplyDelete