Thursday, April 12, 2018

April Showers, Not April Snow

I have been so excited to see my tulips bloom.  I planted over 300 tulips last fall.  It takes a lot of work to keep the deer away from the tulips here.  I use a spray that is suppose to last 4+ months.  In my yard I have to spray every few days to keep the deer away.  But it is worth it to see these beautiful flowers blooming.  
 The boys and I spread mulch last week.  I love the beautiful fresh look.


 Each day a few more tulips open up.  The color is starting to come.


 And then I woke up snow this morning.  Boo.

By this afternoon my yard was completely covered. Sigh.

 This evening the snow was melted and the flowers could be seen again.
Sadly, it is going to freeze tonight so I don't know if the tulips will last much longer.

Gotta love this Utah weather.  Don't like it, wait 5 mins.

2 comments:

  1. I love the tulips lining your rock path. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips are hardy. They will make it. I can't wait to see a picture with them all opened up.

    ReplyDelete