Sunday, April 29, 2018

Big week for Briggs

This week was a big week for Briggs.  1st, Briggs had a birthday!  He is an official teenager, 13.  Briggs is a good boy.  He has a really good heart and he wants to do what is right.  Briggs is a very good balance of Adam and I.  Briggs is the most amazing sibling for Avram.  I know without a doubt that part of Briggs mission on earth was to help his brother.  
Adam and Avram were gone on a scout camp on his birthday so I took him to the new avengers movie.  Briggs loves the avengers so we had a lot of fun.  

 This week Briggs had AMT (Advance musical theater) tryouts.  Each year he has to tryout for the class.  The director is very strict and has high expectation for these kids.  Briggs has been taking some private voice lessons for the past month to prepare a song for the tryouts.  He sang "There are Giants in the Sky" from the show Into The Woods.
He also had to do a one minute monolog.  He had to turn in a resume, head shot and the music he was singing for the tryout.
We found out tonight that Briggs made the AMT class again!  He is so excited.

This past year Briggs had to learn how to tap dance for AMT.  A couple of the numbers they performed were tap dances.  When they start teaching the kids the dances they don't start with the basics of tap, they jump right into the choreographing.  Briggs really struggled to learn the dances so I singed him up for a separate tap dancing class.  He has been working for several month in this class and they ended up having a dance recital this past weekend.  Briggs is really good at dancing.  (He doesn't get that from me.).
I actually signed Ila up for the class also since I was going there to take Briggs.  Ila had a lot of fun.  She is the little one in the picture below.
 Ila is right in the middle of this line, she has a bun in her hair.




4 comments:

  1. That boy is really talented. I'm glad you're encouraging him. Every one needs a way to feel confident. He has been a blessing to everyone in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Ila is joining Briggs. I can't wait to see how much he has improved when we get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Briggs! You are a good mom to dive in to his hobbies and talents. I love that song he auditioned with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see Brigham find his passion.

    ReplyDelete