If you have read my mothers blog you may remember her posts about Duke. A familiar phrase Dad and Mom use in their house is "Duke did it."
The photo above is photo shopped but it explains my most recent loss. Adam bought me a brand new apple lap top just under two years ago. My lap top is like my right hand. I do my shopping online, my hobbies are learning different computer programs and photoshop, and my family history work is done with my lap top. I have to get to Ilas school about an hour before school ends so that I can be in the front of the pick up line. This is a necessity so that I can get to all three schools, at the times I need to so that I can complete carpool each day. Adam recently added hotspot access to our cell phones which gives me access to using the internet on my computer everywhere I go. The hour of waiting each day has become time I look forward to so that I can work on family history. A couple of weeks ago I finished my daily carpool trip and I thought if I hurry I can get in an hour of yard work before I have to run kids around to the extra curricular activities. I put the laptop on the kitchen island and ran outside.
While I was busy working outside Ila and her friends were going in and out of the house. One of her friends put a full cup of water by my laptop. All the stars had alined perfectly so that when Duke jumped up on the counter top to check the cups (something he does when we are not watching because he knows he will get in trouble if he is caught). Duke spilled the cup of water onto my laptop. Ila happened to be in the kitchen and jumped up to yell at Duke and try to rescue my computer.
Ila was sobbing when she told me what Duke had done and that when she opened my laptop to see if it was ok the computer make a noice like a walkie talkie makes.
The lap top is new enough that it was still under warranty so I went down town to the apple store to see if by some miracle they could fix my computer under the warranty.
On my way to the apple store there were more people then usual by the conference center. I didn't think a lot about it because general conference was in a few days and traffic always picks up down town during conference. I turned onto state street and saw brake lights and police. Two lanes were blocked and a huge parade of people were marching down the street.
The parade got bigger as I drove south. There were signs many signs being held up in protest against the church about a range of topics including abuse, women in the priesthood and homosexuality. My heart broke for the innocent people that have been hurt due to unrighteousness but it was even more painful knowing that most of the people in that parade were just protesting to fight against the church. There has been a couple different news reports talking about sexual abuse committed by individuals that hold leadership positions in the church. It is painful to see the power that Satan will use to try and discredit the LDS church.
Anyway after the run in with the parade I was then informed by the apple store that my laptop was fried and the cost of the repair would be basically the same price as the full value of the computer.
Well after a couple of weeks in limbo I pulled out my old laptop. I never thought I would be grateful to work on this computer again but for now I can work around the broken touch pad and slow processing.

I can't believe how many protestors were lined up for conference. Satan really is working hard against the church. I am so sorry about your laptop. I am scared of the day when I loose mine.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the computer had time to dry out for a few days if it would have worked. Who knows but I am so sorry that Duke did it. It makes me sick. The protester around town at conference are like a bucket of cold water when you are filled with the warmth of the spirit. I guess there will always be opposition to the truth.
ReplyDelete