There was a small get together with some of the girls I played soccer with at Weber. There were a couple of people it was fun to see but it's amazing where life has taken all of us. A couple of girls have cancer and are terminal. One girl was in an accident due to a drunk driver that nearly killed her. She spent months in the hospital and she will never fully recover. She has had over 40 surgeries. A couple of girls still play on soccer teams and have been fortunate not to suffer any major injuries. Some have been divorced, some have had kids, others never married or had children. Some girls have become lesbians, some have left the church but I happy to report that my friend Crystal, who I introduced to the church and took missionary lessons with her, is still active, married in the temple and has a couple of boys.



I am so glad that Crystal is hanging in there. She is the reason the Lord wanted you at Weber.
ReplyDeleteCrazy how things can change and where life takes us.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun get together! I can't believe some of them are still able to play soccer!
ReplyDelete