Saturday, October 4, 2025

First Day of School

I guess I better comment on Ila first day of school.  She is in 10th grade.  She is still attending American Heritage down in Salt Lake so I still drive her to school and pick her up everyday.  Ila decided to stay at American Heritage for one more year because she really wanted Dr. Murdock for a teacher.  Dr Murdock is a retired professor from BYU.  He loves teaching so he continues to work.  He is a very strict but he is an excellent teacher.  Ila has him for Literature, History, and AP Micro economics.  

The school year had a rough start for Ila.  A week into school a girl started spreading roamers that Ila is doing drugs and Vaping.  The administration did not handle the situation well so it ended up dragging on for multiple weeks, many kids where forced to be involved and Il spent hours in the Vice principals office.  Things got so bad that I pulled Ila out of school for a week until things settled down. Adam and I both hd to go into the office and it resulted in us telling the administrators that Ila was not to be called into their office again without one of us being there with her.  

I hope the rest of the year goes really well for Ila.  
 

3 comments:

  1. That was such a crazy way to start the year. I hope Ila stays away from that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a tough way to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ila is so lucky to have a teacher that cares about her. She will remember his influence on her for the rest of her life.

    ReplyDelete