Tuesday, January 14, 2025

Its not fair

 I have spent weeks fighting with counselors at Weber State on behalf of Avram.  I won't go into too much detail but here are the basics:

1. It took them 6 weeks to accept him because their computer had a glitch. 

2. Avram should have 20 credits in college from high school concurrent enrollment but Weber has decided not to take the credits

3. Avram was guaranteed an $8000 scholarship for the construction program he did in high school.  No one seems to know anything about it and the only info we are receiving are possible scholarships, which he doesn't qualify for due to his mission.  

4. His ACT is lost

5. Weber won't accept his ACT anyway because it has been two years since he took the test.  He has to try to test out of two math classes and an English class.

So to make a long story short...I have spent hours meeting with counselors at Weber and in Davis School District.  The more I dig the worst things have gotten.  

Both my boys were "forced" by their mother to do this program in high school because it was a great opportunity for them and guaranteed a scholarship and now according to them, "I ruined their senior year of high school making them take these classes and they don't even get anything from it."  

So if anyone has any ideas on who I can contact or what I can do.  Please let me know.  I just know my kids have been completely and totally lied to, taken advantage of, and spent years doing extra work for nothing.  

3 comments:

  1. That is so dishearting. I hope you can still get some action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so frustrating. I hope you can get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I can't believe it has been that bad. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete