Monday, January 13, 2025

Christmas part 3

How many more Christmas's will I have like this?  I truly felt blessed to have these three together again.  I had a huge reality check this December. A friend in my stake that I worked with in Stake Primary, who was younger than me, had massive seizure and died just a week and a half before Christmas.  He left his wife and three kids.  His kids are a little younger than mine.  

 We had Christmas dinner at our house.  Adam was incharge of smoking some pork and he nearly burned down the house.  At 3:00 am he got up to use the rest room and decided to check on the meat.  We had had a major fire in the smoker and luckily the smoker shut down but not before there was a massive fire in the smoker. 

Surprisingly he cut off the burnt part of the meat and continued smoking it.  It turned out to be an amazing meal.  




And the left overs made an amazing nacho meal for the Bowl Games.  











3 comments:

  1. That was a really good dinner. It frightens me that your house could have started on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know what might happen. Time with family is precious. Scary about the fire, glad it didn't cause damage to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you have had a crazy couple of weeks. I am sure grateful that the smoker didn't burn down your house.

    ReplyDelete