Monday, January 13, 2025

3 Weeks!

 

We missed church for three weeks! I guess to clarify we missed going to our home ward for 3 weeks.  
1. we went to Avram mission comp homecoming
2. We went to a Spanish ward in Austin, it was so fun!!! 
3. We went to a Samoan ward when we got home because Avrams friend AJ had his mission farewell. It was strange being in a ward where we didn't understand anything and we just sang hymns without any clue on how to pronounce the words.  

They had a huge feast after church! it was amazing.  And yes, we were the only white people there but if there is ever a culture to join, it's the Polynesians! 
At the luncheon one lady asked me if Avram is is comfortable hanging around with Polynesians (she noticed we were the only white people there) I said, "Are you kidding.  Avram loves Polynesians!  In fact, I think he has forgotten he is white.  All his friends are Polynesian and he has informed us he doesn't want to be set up on dates with any white girls."  The lady thought it was hilarious.  She said, "Ok, when I see him again I will know that he may look white but in his heart he is Brown."  


2 comments: