This was my first trek ever! Our stake hasn't done it for the past 10 years and I never did it as a youth so this was a new experience for the youth and for many of the adults.
Tuesday packing begun for trek and so the work was underway.
Ila was not happy about going to trek.
several different times during trek my YW came over to hang out with me, Adam, Jamie (another yw leader) and her husband Mark. When the YW would gather on their own, hang out together, talk and laugh together, it made the whole thing worth it. It is truly a gift and a blessing being able to bond with these youth.
Overall we were blessed with decent weather, for the most part.We had a couple of good rain storms but that helped cool things down a little and made it overcast so it wasn't so hot.
I was able to walk the women's pull with Ila. Ila was so mad about the whole thing that I think she could have pulled the hand cart up the hill by herself.
President and Sister Christofferson came up for a devotional Friday night.
Ila worked hard to make sure the trip was not fun. She even said one day, "I start to have fun, but then I remember where I am and it makes me mad again." I don't think she got all she could have out of trek but it was still good for her.
We worked so hard when we got home. We tried to get everything returned and put away so we could be done. When we walked into the house I wanted to cry. I was so happy we had survived and accomplished so much in the past month! The Lord blessed us with health, strength and the ability to pull off 3 huge events in one month.











I hope Ila will realize that there were probably those on the trex that were not happy either but I wish she would have put her heart into and made it the best possible.
ReplyDeleteYou've had a lot of big things going on.
ReplyDeleteYou got to wear pants at Trek?! Lucky! Your Trek was definitely harder than ours.
ReplyDelete