Thursday, July 30, 2026

July 3, 2026


The day was busy but everything seemed to be going as planned.  Adam and I walked in the temple and there was a temple worker there waiting for me.  She took Naites dress and asked if I could be her chaperone.  I guess her sister was suppose to be with her but didn't come early.  When Adam and I arrived in the waiting room everything seemed to be going well.  There were several people there.  I looked around but didn't see Naites dad.  I hadn't ever met him so I wasn't sure if I just didn't recognize him.  A couple minutes later Crystal walked in and said its crazy outside in the parking lot.  There are about 10 cops out there and they are arresting some guy.  Adam asked, "Is the guy brown." Crystal said, "yes"
Jokingly Adam said what if it were Naites dad.  We laughed a little but then moved on.  A couple minutes later Nicholle came in and pulled Adam and I aside.  She began to tell us a story about how she and Chad were entering the temple when they saw a bunch of cops trying to arrest a guy.  The guy was screaming to let him go, he had to get to his daughter's wedding.  Chad and Nicholle immediately put it together that this must be Naites father.  Chads father was a cop so he is very familiar with procedure.  
The cop had tried to restrain Naites dad but he is too big so the cop wasn't able to restrain him.  The cop began reaching for his taser but went to the wrong hip.  Chad immediately yelled taser. The cop realized his near mistake and switched hands pulling his taser.  Naites dad knocked the taser out of the cops hand.  Chad could see things were going a bad direction so he stepped in and calmly told the cop he was there to help.  He also told Naites dad that he was going to the same wedding and it was delayed.  This settled Mr Kata a little but he still was yelling that the cop had no right to arrest him. He said he was a law abiding citizen and they needed to let him go. 
In the mean time I went to the temple workers and tried to explain the situation.  They said luckily there wasn't a wedding after us so we had time to wait and hopefully her dad would make it.  I went to Liene, Naites older sister and informed her about the situation.  I thought she would be able to handle the news but I was wrong.  She panicked and ran out of the temple.  When Liene arrived at the scene things started to get stirred up again.  Chad told Liene to go back in the temple.  
Anyway to cut the story down, Chad got things settled down.  The cop ended up thanking chad for his help because things had spiraled out of control.  
Mr Kata ended up having 5 charges against him but he was able to go to the wedding.  



The wedding ceremony was beautiful. Im very excited for Avram and Naite.  I know they will have a lot 






















 

3 comments:

  1. That is the all time crazy story. I wish we knew how things finally ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a crazy story. Glad he was able to attend the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the cops let Naite's dad come to the wedding. It would have been so hard on everyone had he not been there.

    ReplyDelete