Our camp theme was based off of Henry B Eryings talk "Oh remember, remember" We had morning and evening devotions.
Each girl was given a Journal, pen, a bag with their name embroidered on it, and a tumbler.
Each journal contained a personal family history story. The goal was to recognize their blessings due to the sacrifices made their ancestors.
They earned pins through out the week to put on their bags
The highlight was the Faith Walk.
Each girl was sent on her own to follow this path of lights. There were 10 different stops along the way. At each stop they would read the sign and pick up a rock if they felt that burden in their life.
After the ten stops they would come around the back of the cabin where we had a large picture of the Savior, light up.
There would be one letter set in front of the Savior addressed to the girl (we tracked the order the girls were coming so we could set out the correct letter for each girl) The letter talked about how the Savior understood the struggles the girls were going through. Then they were told to put down their "burdens" and leave them for the Savior.
It was hard to hear the girls as they went to each stop and pile the rocks into their bags but it bought so much joy when I heard them drop their bags and walk away.
I received this text from one of the parents after girls camp:
"I just cant say thank you enough for all you did at camp. Josie has shared so much. she loved the faith walk. it was an emotional experience for her. one that she will never forget. Thank you for being inspired and knowing what she needed to hear. it was definitely a stone added to her foundation. I love you all. You are making a difference." -Tami G
"I dont tant to embarrass my girls, but I have to thank you guys for all you did to make girls camp so amazing. I keep asking Evie what her favorite part was and she just keeps saying 'Everything! I cant pick a favorite. Nothing was bad. Everything was amazing.' Im not at all surprised this is her response. Im just so incredibly grateful to all of you for the sacrifices you make for these yw. I am in awe of all of you. Thank you!" -Jen S
This was from one of the leaders at camp:
"THANK YOU!! This was seriously THE BEST CAMP! It had the fun, the spiritual, emotional and even challenging. Not just Brylee was better for it, but Jody and I were too. My cup was filled and overflowed! THANK YOU!!!" Christina H
I also got a personal hand written note from a YW that I should add.
There was a lot of stress and work preparing for girls camp but to hear it ment something to so many girls makes all there work worth it! I feel so grateful that the Lord allowed me to be part of such a special experience with these girls.











You didn't share about the girl that was there just for the summer.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds amazing. You are a blessing to those girls.
ReplyDeleteYour girl's camp sounded amazing! You are making a difference in those girls' lives.
ReplyDelete