Wednesday, April 22, 2026

The many Hats of a stay at home mom

 I was just going to sit down and put in some study time for my continuing education real estate classes but the web site is having technical difficulties so I will take advantage of a few minutes and try to update my blog.  

1st- I have to renew my real estate license by the end of June.  Since June is going to be a stressful time Im trying to get everything completed early.  I have to have 19 hours of class time in continuing education before renewing my license.

2nd- This month has been a little busier then usual as a block captain for emergencies.  We have had a couple of meetings and the city ran an emergency drill.

3rd- Girls camp will be here before we know it.  Since it is at our cabin I am doing most of the planning and preparation.  

4th- Trek, we have also had a couple of meetings.  Adam and I have a few different responsibilities in tracking down supplies needed for the cooking committee. 

5th- Im learning about wedding planning.  I have been trying to put together and plan the decorations and set up for the reception/party.  Its not the same kind of reception we are use to having.  We are following the Tongan traditions.  We have been able to cut the party down to 5 hours.  I bought an old freezer off of Facebook and Im filling it with food for the wedding.  In the past couple of weeks I have been able to bake hundreds of cookies, brownies, desserts.  I also cut up over 100 pounds of chicken.  The freezer is quickly filling up.  

So far I have baked a couple batches of mint brownies, chocolate brownies, peanut butter bars, blondie bars, lemon cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, peanut butter blossoms, white macadamia nut cookies,  toffee cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered Oreo balls.  guava cake, and chocolate Chantilly Hawaiian cake.





This week we joined the primary for their pinewood derby activity.  I won the audiences favorite car.  Wiley E is cute but he never beats the road runner so this was appropriate.  




2 comments:

  1. Lisa I would be happy to make some things for the wedding. You don't have to do this all by yourself. That freezer looks pretty full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do everything you do. You are wonder-woman!

    ReplyDelete