Wednesday, February 11, 2026

Its time

  When we lived in Las Vegas, I was in the Young Women's Presidency.  It was so hard!  My boys were babies and I had to take them to everything.  I remember one night we went to a live nativity.  The president was gone so I was the main leader there.  I dropped off the girls and then sat in the car and nursed Brigham.  Once he finished we walked over to the program.  When Avram saw the animals he decided he wanted to ride the donkey.  I drug him out to the middle of the parking lot kicking and screaming. I tried to move far enough from the show that we weren't disturbing people but I had two crying kids, Avram wanted to run around the parking lot.  And I was trying to keep an eye on the Young Women.  I wanted to give up.  I couldn't do either job so I was failing at everything.  I was so thankful when that night was over.  I didn't quit but I did have several other difficult situations trying to do the impossible.  

Being the YW president now is a completely different situation.  I love that Ila is in YW with me.  Im thankful my boys are off on their own and don't need me like they did when they were young.  Because Im in such a different place in my life I am able to invest more of my time and heart into serving these young women.  

December was busy!!!! One week I have a performance to support every single night.  I actually had to miss a choir program because I had to run young women's.  We were wrapping and delivering angle tree gifts.  It makes such a big difference being involved in the girls lives.  It's great to be able to talk to them about their activities but to be there supporting them ups the game!  









Ila had a friend that wasn't asked to the Christmas dance at High school so they went together.

They just wanted to get dressed up and get pictures.  I don't think they spent more than 20 mins at the dance.

The best program in December was Savior of the World.  Amy and Jake did such a good job performing in the program.  It's amazing they gave so much time in order to help others feel the Love of our Savior at Christmas time.  
One of the most fun activities we did was luminary at Thanks giving point.  It is really expensive but we had enough left in our budget to pull it off.  I would take my family back to see it again.  It was really impressive.











2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of time watching your young women. I hope they appreciate it. I always appreciated that Kelly Johnson supported you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Ila went to a dance! She looks pretty in that green dress! Thank you for supporting Amy and Jake in Savior of the World.

    ReplyDelete