Tuesday, April 15, 2025

Venice



Our hotel was great after we walked up 5 flights of stairs. Poor Adam carried both our suit cases up 5 flights of stairs in a super narrow stair well because I didn’t have the strength to hardly put one foot in front of the other.  
I was so thankful to have a hotel room with a door that actually closed.  We went on a short gondolla ride. We had a tour of Doge palace but I printed the info for the tour before we left and they changed the location and time so we missed the tour.  Of course they don’t want to refund our money because they updated everything on the app but that was the last thing I was thinking about when I hit the bed at night.  So I will try to fight for that refund.  Well Venice isn’t a place where you can sit on a bench and enjoy the scenery. After Adam finished using a public restroom where his chin was resting on his knees before the toilet was about a foot off the ground, be said “let’s just go to the airport.” I was on day two without for or drink but the thought of a public restroom where we were at was enough to keep me from eating.  









We got to the airport 4 hours early. We couldn’t check our bags in on the airline so we put them in a storage locker and went and found a comfy spot to crash.  Well eventually we fell asleep and I woke up to our names being called over the intercoms. We took off running to the flight but it was too late we missed it.  
This was a pretty low point. Adam was so mad he couldn’t think straight.  I just wanted to sit in a corner and cry but one of us had to keep a level head so I got a hotel for the night and found some train ticket for 6:00am the next morning. 
Good news, we made the train.  Adam was doubting us but I had triple checked the info so I knew we were good.  The train was actually a beautiful way to see Italy. I was able to eat some bread that morning and we were on our way to Rome. 👍🏼

3 comments:

  1. Sounds exhausting. Beautiful pictures. I hope to visit these places some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very discouraging part of your trip. That is part of a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad that you missed your flight. That's all you needed to deal with on top of being sick. I'm glad you were able to catch the train and get to your next destination.

    ReplyDelete