Sunday, April 27, 2025

Vacation is over

 Im so grateful that I am feeling better because now that Im home there is so much to do.  We had a YW activity at our house.  I taught the girls about how to make pizza crust and then we cooked pizzas in my outdoor oven.  




We had Ali stay at our house for Easter weekend.  I caught Amy and Ali hanging out ing the car together. 

We got to watch Peal play in a Volleyball tournament.  She is the skinniest little one on the team and she has the most powerful spike and serve.  It is awesome!   

I didn't have my run 100% closed in.  It was escape proof for the chickens but if a raccoon or something climbed up the fence it could get in.  I have never had any problems with predators but after we got home I counted out the baby chicks and we are short 2! I immediately got the rest of the cage closed in.  


Typically when the chicks are this age I will combine them with the older chickens.  There are 11 baby chicks and 6 big ones.  I tried opening the gate and the big chickens immediately attacked the babies.  The big chickens trade off guarding the food and water so the babies can't eat or drink and they scare them into the corner.  After several hours together, with my supervision, I had to separate them once again.  

Quentin is a great helper with collecting eggs.

Rebel is bored watching me work on sprinklers.  

This year I replaced 4 sprinkler valves and replaced all my drip lines.  

4 comments:

  1. We don't miss fixing sprinkler lines and heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for coming to support Pearl at her volleyball tournament. It meant a lot to us. You are such an awesome aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting Ally stay with you. Yard work is busy.

    ReplyDelete