Who knew these days would ever come. What days? The days when my boys were interested in girls and when GIRLS WERE INTERESTED IN MY BOYS!

Homecoming didn’t really happen for the kids this year but that didn’t stop them from going out and celebrating anyway. I know someone threw a big party in their back yard and invited the whole school. Luckily Briggs has a friend that is really up tight about Covid so he planned with a couple of friends to do dinner and then a pool party in a boys back yard.
Briggs’ friend kept bugging him to ask someone, although I don’t know that Briggs really wanted to go, he finally caved to the peer pressure and asked one of his good friends to go with him. Yammi and Briggs did theater together and ballroom for several years. Yammi adores Briggs and Briggs thinks Yammi is an awesome FRIEND, nothing more.
Since Briggs didn’t ask Yammi until last minute, and didn’t ask in a fancy way other then just straight out, I pulled out my crafting skills and made a corsage for her.
Briggs said he had a blast. When I asked how Yammi liked it he said, “I don’t know, she was in the hot tub with the girls most of the time and I was In the pool.”
That is the kind of hanging out I like to hear about.
The kids had me take some pictures before they went to dinner. Briggs was so uncomfortable that it was like torture for him when I told him he had to put his arm around her for the picture.




It is interesting seeing the traditional high school experiences that is being shaken up by Covid. I’m impressed the kids have been able to adjust and adapted as well as they have. I think overall Davis county has done really well at trying to follow Covid protocol while still trying to live life. A friend of adams came up to bountiful yesterday and watched a little of Avrams football game. When he got to the game he was told he couldn’t go in without a mask. Luckily I keep extra with me all the time. After I gave it to him he said, nobody in Utah county wears these.
It is interesting seeing the traditional high school experiences that is being shaken up by Covid. I’m impressed the kids have been able to adjust and adapted as well as they have. I think overall Davis county has done really well at trying to follow Covid protocol while still trying to live life. A friend of adams came up to bountiful yesterday and watched a little of Avrams football game. When he got to the game he was told he couldn’t go in without a mask. Luckily I keep extra with me all the time. After I gave it to him he said, nobody in Utah county wears these.
You did an awesome job on the pictures and the corsage!!! I'm bringing my kids to your house when they start going to dances.
ReplyDeleteThose are great pictures. I agree you have a future in corsages. The young people try to have a normal life. I hope they all stay healthy.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful corsage! Looks amazing! Good pictures too! Glad they are able to still participate in some fun things with covid going around.
ReplyDelete