So Avram doesn't really know Malia. He knew who she was but he hadn't really talked to her before. He ran into her at a volleyball game and they decided they would go out to lunch the following week and take about their plans for homecoming.
I was so impressed that Avram had asked her to lunch but after talking about it I realized he was planning to go alone with her. I told Avram when you go out with a girl for the first time you really need to go in a group so you can keep the conversation flowing and there is less pressure. Avram thought I was crazy but finally agreed to take Briggs along and another cheerleader that is in our ward and friends with Melia.
Since Briggs was doing Avram a favor I figured I would give him $20 to go toward the lunch.
When Briggs and Avram left for the lunch date I was so amazed my boys were going out with girls, they were growing up!
About an hour later the boys came home. Neither boy was very happy.
Well here is the story:
Neither Avram nor Briggs took the their wallet. I thought the boys were planning to buy lunch for the girls, but my boys assumed everyone was buying their own lunch. When the boys got to the restaurant they found out that the restaurant only accepts card, no cash. Since neither boy took their wallet they couldn't buy any lunch. The girls bought their own lunch and ate and the boys sat and watched the girls eat. The girls had a blast laughing and talking to each other and I think my boys just sat there. Briggs said, "Im so mad, I had to sit and watch Kara each a toasted cheese sandwich."
Well I sat down with Avram and Briggs and explained to them that
1. They should have probably paid for lunch
2. They have to take their wallets every time.
3. $20 would never cover 4 meals.
For Sadies Melia took Avram to a corn maze on Thursday evening and then they went to a house and played Just Dance.
Now in preparing for the date I told Avram he had to wear jeans. Avram never wears jeans. He goes to school in basketball shorts or sweats. Avram was so mad! I had to argue with him until finally he realized I wasn't going to give up. We made sure he was dressed up looking good and smelling good. He thought I was crazy making him get ready and he wasn't happy but luckily he gave in and did what I told him.
Avram had a blast! When I wasn't in the room he confessed to Adam that he was really thankful he had worn jeans. He said everyone was dressed up and wearing jeans.
Friday night Avram had a football game.
Saturday Avrams Sadies group went and got pictures at the corn maze and then they went swimming. They finished off the night with some more Just Dance.
This was Avrams first date. He had a ton of fun and even hinted he might be willing to take Melia to a boys choice dance later this year. (Which is a huge step because before this he wouldn't even consider going on a date and spending his hard earned money on a girl)
That lunch date is so funny. I bet the boys were miserable.
ReplyDeleteThat lunch date is pretty funny. It's crazy when they are old enough to date. Sounds like he had a good time after the failed lunch.
ReplyDeleteThose stories are so funny. I think it's awesome that Avram is considering taking her out on another date! She's a pretty girl.
ReplyDelete