Well Football season is over for this year. I think it is a miracle that the team was able to play this fall and they weren't shut down due to covid.
Last week Woods Cross played against Mountain View. It was so strange to be back at Mountain View. As I walked around in the stadium countless memories returned.
I was really excited that WXHS beat MVHS. Avram had great game.
Friday night WXHS played against Box Elder. This is the 2nd time they have played each other this season. It was interesting watching the game. Avram has been wanting to play defensive line for so many weeks. As I mention previously he has been skipped over in playing. They have been playing a boy that is a senior but he is no where near as good of a player as Avram. Box Elder took the ball down the field. They ran the ball to the same spot every single play! It was at this senior because he couldn't stop them. They subbed Avram in the game for one play. For that play Box Elder changed up their game plan and too the ball a different direction. It was obvious they didn't want anything to do with Avram. Well WXHS took Avram back out of the game after the one play and Box Elder went back to their previous play and scored a touch down. While Adam and I are sitting in the stand we hear people talking about the game and commenting about the "hole" in the line. Everyone can see the problem, yet the coaches refused to change things up. There was a boy hurt last game on the offensive line so Avram played the entire game on the offensive line. It was again frustrating to watch Avram, as the offensive lineman dominate the game. The reason it was frustrating was because the boy that got hurt was also a great player. Why had they made the two best offensive linemen sub in for each other instead of using them at the same time and strengthening the line.
I personally believe that in High school they have gotten to the level where it is about winning the game not about making sure the seniors get playing time above and beyond the under class men.
Anyway, this shouldn't be a problem next year. Avram will be a senior and they are going to really need him.

It is sure fun to watch Avram play. Now is the time after the games are over to start building for next. year.
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy they care more about seniors playing that playing well.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Avram will be a senior next year! I hope his final year playing football in high school is a good one.
ReplyDelete