Monday, November 10, 2025

Watch out or you will become dinner

Avram and Vita were at the house this weekend.  (Vita is from Tonga) I told them I needed 5 chickens killed.  These were the first chickens we bought. Their egg production has slowed down so it was time for them to go.  πŸ˜’ It was a little hard to let them go because these chickens actually really liked me.  We would work in the yard together and they would follow me around eating any worms I would dig up.  It was obvious this wasn't the first time Vita has killed chickens.  He walked over to the stack of fire wood, found a good size log, walked back over, grab the chicken by the neck and knock them out (breaking their necks) πŸ˜”πŸ˜žπŸ˜ŸπŸ˜’
Once they were done they asked if we wanted to cook the chickens.  I said no, "just throw them away."  It was obvious that for Vita this was a big waste.  I told them they were welcome to take the chickens if they wanted them.  
Vita is living with a brother right now so he took them home and apparently that was their Sunday dinner.  


 

3 comments:

  1. It makes me sad just hearing about your first chickens dying. It's the circle of life I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is kind of sad. I bet they are tough meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy and sad. At least they didn't go to waste I guess.

    ReplyDelete