Sunday, June 15, 2025

Summer is underway

 

The first picture just makes me smile so I had to add it.
I found that Spiderman boogie board in the shed, when I was cleaning it out this spring.  I saw the swim suit multiple times at Sams club and I finally broke down and bought it.  That boy is ready for summer!


This spring I have done a lot of improvements on the yard.  We had this extra space behind the shed that we left like this so we could make a dog run but our dogs won't even walk back there because they are terrified at the thought of being left alone.  

I built a roof on the back of the shed so we could use it for storage space.  I need to get some metal roofing from Adam sometime to put over the top.  

The big news this week was that our nephew, Spencer Slocum, got married.  He is 19 and his wife is 20.  They are so young, but she has been so good for him and they are a great couple.   



This week Adam had surgery.  He got a scope on his knee.  They told him that he would be able to put full weight on his knee right after surgery so he could "walk out of the hospital" 
When they said walk out, I think he was expecting some pain but to have the ability to walk for the most part.  It was eye opening for him when he realized just because they say he can put weight on his knee, it doesn't mean he will be able to walk around.  The first day was difficult to get around but he is improving each day and he is trying to be patient so the recovery will be quick.  

3 comments:

  1. Hope Adam heals quickly. You're amazing the things you build and create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Spiderman swim suit is a winner. You amaze me what you can build. Your yard is amazing thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Adam's knee heal quickly and he's glad he did it. Q loves the Spiderman swimsuit you bought him. You are really kind!

    ReplyDelete