Wednesday, November 23, 2022

MTC

I was very skeptical about the Home MTC.  Looking back, Im sure several weeks of home MTC could be more challenging, but the week and 1/2 Avram was in the home MTC was one of best weeks I have ever had with Avram. 
1. The spirit in our home was amazing.  
2. Every hour or so, Avram would come upstairs and tell me all about the things he was learning
3. Avram and I had some great gospel discussions.  It was the first time I felt like I was talking with Avram, instead of preaching to him.  
4. It just so happens that our Stake had a “missionary week” for the youth.  So Tuesday evening, Wed morning and evening, Thursday morning and evening, the youth went to the stake center to learn about missionary work and do different activities.  Avram was able to go to a couple of the meetings, which meant either Adam or I went along.  
5. Once in awhile Avram would come up stairs and say something like, “I need to teach you …” or “I need to share my testimony about ….” 

Avram had a P day so he and his companion decided they wanted to meet up for lunch.  His comp is from PG and just so happens to be one of Jared, my nephew, best friends.  We decided to meet at the church office building for taco Tuesday.  Avram and Elder Whitiera hit it off immediately.  They had a lot of fun together and a lot of laughs.   Mom and Dad were able to take the boys around so they could get pointers from the sister missionaries on temple square.  
Adam and I were able to meet Elder Whitieras parents, who are from New Zealand. 
It was also so comforting when we dropped Avram off at the MTC, because he already knew a bunch of missionaries, the missionaries in his district and he was super excited to start his adventure.

This was the night before Avram went into the MTC.  We all got in a good cry.

Below is Avrams last time with Q.  Crystal, David and Q came over in the morning and we had breakfast together.  


Avram has gotten really close to Q the past couple of weeks.  Crystal has been over a lot and we have done a lot together.  It has been a really fun time.  

The MTC final good byes. 




This is the hardest picture for me to look at.  These two have grown up together and been best friends.  























3 comments:

  1. It is hard to Avram tell Brigham good-bye. It will be interesting to see how Brigham does without his best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Avram hugging his siblings is making me cry. I'm so leaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of these pictures has me tearing up as well. I'm glad the home MTC went so well.

    ReplyDelete