This smile has brought so much joy to our family.
This month has been an important one for Quentin. We had the opportunity to view the court hearing of the adoption for Quentin. During the adoption process the judge asked Crystal if she could love Quentin the same way she loves the kids that she birthed.
If you are around Crystal and Quentin for 30 seconds you can see there is a special connection between them. Quentin loves his mom so much. Crystal has a peace and joy about her that I don’t think I have ever seen. This was a miracle and answer to Crystal (and Jakes) prayers.
The adoption felt like a “clerical” step.
In the temple it was, without question, a sealing process for this family.
Crystal was so excited for this day to come. She tried to set everything up so that the focus was on the ordinance that was being performed. She also tried to make sure Quentins naps were timed perfectly so that he would would be happy as well.
We met up a few minutes before our scheduled time at the temple so that we could get a few pictures. Quentin was not very happy. The temple asked that one person accompanied the kids so Crystal asked if I would go with the kids. I was thrilled to be able to go through this experience with the kids. When Crystal handed Quentin over and we were walking in the temple she said, “just do whatever you can with him, he is not happy.”
The moment we walked in the temple Quentin seemed to find peace. You would never know that he was having a hard day. He laughed, played and was completely content. Just before I changed Quentin into his white clothes he pooped. His timing couldn’t have been better. He ate and by the time it was our turn to go in for the ordinance Quentin was completely ready. The sealing was priceless. It was as if Quentin knew exactly what was happening.
I don’t think there is anything in this world better then seeing these four children together in their white clothes, all united, all worthy to be at the temple and now sealed for eternity.
I can’t believe how much David and Quentin love each other. David is the best big brother ever.













Your blog made me cry. Thanks for all your help that day. You filled many roles that day from photographer to child care. I can't tell you how much I appreciated it. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to record the rest of the story. He was such a happy baby. I know the children loved to be with you and I think it helped calm Pearl's anxiety as well This is a happy family. We are all so blessed by this little spirit.
ReplyDeleteIt was a great day! That is a special roll to be with the kids while waiting for the time to bring them to the sealing room.
ReplyDelete