Saturday, April 9, 2022

Learning period

Avram began an electrical class at the DTC.  He is loving it.  He learned how to install outlets this past week.  He went to a career fair and an electrical company was there recruiting employees.  They were having a competition to see who could install an outlet the fastest.  Avram won.  They offered him a job.
I actually have a couple outlets that need to be installed.  So I told Avram I wanted him to do it for his job this week.  He was really excited about the assignment but I told him to wait until Adam was home so he could give him the supplies he would need and could help if needed.  
I went to the store and came home after an hour to find out that Avram had removed every outlet plate and pulled the outlet out to check the wires.  
I was happy he was so excited but we had to shut off the power and he spent most of the day re-installing the outlets.  

The following day I was working outside.   I had been outside for several hours and finally drug myself in to get some food.  I was getting ready to use the microwave when I saw the whole front of the microwave had been taken apart.  I didn’t do a very good job of biting my tongue and I said, very frustrated,  “what happened to the microwave?” Avram said, “the power wasn’t working so I took it apart to check it.  I said, “the power is working now.” He said, “I know, it just started working again.”

Adam got home, I prepared him for the microwave so that when he got home he could be really positive and encouraging with Avram.  Luckily Adam was able to fix the microwave.  

Tavitas, Avrams friend, parents live in Tonga.  We have helped out Tavita and his sister a lot over the past few years.  They sent us a package with some shirts and souvenirs from Tonga as a thank you.  A couple of the shirts were too little so Ila put them on the dogs.   





 

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love those stories about Avram! I'm glad that he's excited about becoming an electrician.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good skill! Cute shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will need a good electrician in the family. Tell him to learn quickly.

    ReplyDelete