Friday, August 6, 2021

Summer lovin

 Our lives haven’t change a whole lot since summer began.  The boys are both taking two classes.  Avram is in Ukelele and Language Arts.  Briggs is taking history and language arts.  This makes it so I still have to nag the boys daily about getting their homework done.  Ila has been in summer school all month.  She goes to school from 8-12 each day.  

Avram has now attended 5 football camps.  He went to USU, UofU, BYU, Weber and an all around football camp.  He has been talked to a couple of times by UCLA and by Utah state.  We will see if anything comes of it.  They now do so much recruiting online that we have a lot to do to keep his profile current on a few different accounts.  

The new football coach is really working these boys hard.  I’ve been so impressed with what he has been doing with the boys for off season training.  I don’t know how good their season will be because a lot of our really good players left the school after dealing with last years coach.  It will take years to recover from the damage that was done by one coach for one year.  

I feel really bad for Avrams group of boys that are graduating this coming year.  They had a really good team all the way through their sophomore year.  They were suppose to be good enough to be contenders for the state championship but after last year I think those dreams are gone.  


2 comments:

  1. That's really sad, I am sorry. A good coach can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the article you sent me about your new coach I like him from what I read.

    ReplyDelete