Tuesday, August 31, 2021

School 2021

 This school year will be an interesting one.  I can’t believe we will never have a “normal” school routine again.  (At least it will never be the same since Covid). Ilas school kept her on a half day the entire year last year.  She essentially was on a “kindergarten” schedule the entire year.  She would go to school from noon-3:00 each day.  This year she is back on a regular schedule.  She hasn’t had a problem going all day long but she has had a big problem waking up early.  Or mornings can get scary.  It feels really good having her back on a normal schedule. I’m not in a car pool, but thankfully I only have to drive back and forth to one school now and it is good to have one on one time with Ila.  




The boys are in a completely different situation.  I have worked so hard helping them get ahead in their classes and it is really paying off FOR THEM.   Avram goes to football and seminary every other day.  Then on the opposite days he goes to the DTC for 3 hours.  Once football ends he will pick up a lot more time at the DTC but for now we are allowing him to put his main focus on football.  It will be over in November, and who knows what will happen after that.  

Briggs situation is way too easy right now.  He goes to Math and seminary every other day and then comes home, eats lunch, and then he goes to the DTC for 3 hours. On the opposite days he is home.  Technically the plan is to have him working for Adam on the opposite days because he and Avram are both doing an “internship” with Adam but these past couple of weeks have been so crazy that we haven’t got him on a work schedule yet.  If he doesn’t start working with Adam soon, I will be adding him into more classes at the DTC.  

Both boys are finishing up some school classes/ packets from the summer but they are close enough that life is pretty easy.  

That keeps me on my toes most of the time.  There is enough “work” at home that I can keep the boys doing internship stuff, home work, or packets for an hour or two a day BUT they aren’t really good at self motivation so they need a constant push to get things completed.  

They are both loving the DTC, and that makes me really happy.  It also makes all the work to prepare for it worth it.  

Oddly, I am sitting in the surgery center this morning waiting for Tavita Hofoku, Avrams Tongan friend, to get his ACL surgery.  He is here living with a sister.  His parents are in Tonga.  There are so many of these families that are just doing the best they can at providing a good life for their children.  It is so humbling and overwhelming to see the sacrifices they make.   I know Tavitas parents are super worried about him and they wish they could be here with him but since they can’t I am happy to step in.  I know if I had a child in another country, and I couldn’t be there for him, I would hope someone would be there for him.  

Not to mention, I am quite a pro when it comes to surgery.  I have had more than most people so this is like 2nd nature for me to be here. 

He is out of surgery and did great.  

I can’t even begin to express my thanks to the Lord and the blessings he has given us at this time.   To be able to see my children progressing in school, Adams work (even under all the stress) is going very well, and I am so grateful to be able to be available to help my children and reach out to a few others.  I know these are all gifts from my Father in Heaven.  

5 comments:

  1. I wrote a comment earlier and it disappeared. Here's another try. You are such a generous and loving person, mom, and friend. I'm sure those parents in Tonga are eternally grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. You really have stepped in and have been a great support for your boys' friends. It probably meant a lot to Tavita to have someone there, and more importantly for his parents. You are a blessing in so many people's lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your boys appreciate all you have done for them. I hope this DTC will give them a real boost and help them on their way. I know Justin's program was a God send.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so good you can be there for Tavita. I bet he and his parents appreciate it. That's good that your boys are enjoying the DTC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you accomplish is an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete