I never get tired of seeing the sun set over the great salt lake.
I have been thinking of new and creative ways to teach on zoom. It is so hard to teach the youth on zoom. I was asked to teach the 12-15 year old Sunday school class a few weeks ago. That is 37 kids. I knew I wouldn't be able to see them all, because few people turn on their videos, so I dropped off pop corn and a question that would go along with the lesson. I asked them to think about the question and if they feel prompted during the lesson, when I asked the question then to please share. I think it helped a little.
My RS president contacted me the following week. She said during ward council my lesson was brought up. They used my lesson, and pre lesson preparation and an example of raising the bar on our teaching.
Little do they know, it is easy to step up and go the extra mile when you don't teach every week. 😜

I have actually been released from the RS presidency and I am now working in the YW with the youngest group of girls. Ila has a bunch of friends going into YW this year but Ila has to wait until 2022 before she gets to go to YW. She will get to hang out and come to YW a lot with me even though she isn't official yet.
I have actually been released from the RS presidency and I am now working in the YW with the youngest group of girls. Ila has a bunch of friends going into YW this year but Ila has to wait until 2022 before she gets to go to YW. She will get to hang out and come to YW a lot with me even though she isn't official yet.
Ila will be in YW longer than most of her friends.
ReplyDeleteI love your idea of passing out popcorn before the lesson with a question for the youth to ponder. I am going to try that out with my YW! Keep sending your ideas my way!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea! Congrats on being in Young Women's.
ReplyDelete