Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Dia De Los Muertos

I love the Latin tradition of El Dia de los Muertos.  Diana is always great about including Gabe on her ofrenda.   It means a lot that he is remembered each year by her family.  
 I have never been a fan of Halloween.  I don't like scary, creepy, and gory things.  
This year Ila decided she wanted to be a "dead cheerleader."  She got to dress up for school and they stood around the school while parents drove by and cheered for them.  I went and pick up Mom to take her with so we could see both Ila and David.  
 

I got myself into a mess on Halloween.  I was working on cleaning out the garage.  Im still trying to get my yard/ house winterized.  It is always a major project but this year it seems to be even more difficult in many ways.  First, and most obvious is dealing with my elbow that is suppose to be in a sling since it is broken.  (Im dreading going back to my doctor appointment this week because I haven't done what I was suppose to) Everything takes longer doing it with one arm and trying to use the other arm as little as possible.  Second, I am trying to find room for 5 lawn mowers.  Two of which are the big riding lawn mowers.  I know that is way more lawn mowers then needed but we have a couple that need repair and then boys have to either learn how to fix it or else pay, since they are in the lawn mowing business now.  
Third, between working at the cabin and trying to maintain home it has been an exhausting summer.  When Adam is home he typically works 10 hours a day because he can't let his business suffer from our little side project.  
Anyway, when trick or treating came around and the time for festivities I was still knee deep in garage cleaning.  It's tough to try to close the garage and save the project for another day when half of the garage stuff is out front on the driveway.  Luckily Crystal had invited Ila over to go trick or treating with her kids.  They also made Carmel apples and donuts.  





1 comment: