School never really ended in this house. Briggs and Avram were able to complete high school credit for Digital Literacy, Health, and Government this summer. Briggs also did all of Spanish 3 this summer. I have always made my kids do some kind of school work in the summer so this is a win win to have them actually knocking off high school credits and not falling too far behind in the summer.
Ila was suppose to start school a week ago but one of the administrators came down with covid so all the teachers had to quarantine therefore school was delayed a week. Ila LOVES being back in school. She is a social butterfly. David is with her at Legacy this year. Their school is doing Monday- Thursday half days and Friday on line school. Half the students go in the morning and half go in the afternoon. Ila is on the afternoon schedule. Due to the shortened schedule there is no recess and all elective classes are done online. Poor David is having a hard time meeting new kids at the school when there is no free time and he and Ila never see each other.
I have two boys in High School Now! It is crazy having them ride together so I don't have to drive them. I love it! I have never had my kids in a school with the option to walk or ride a bus so I have been driving these boys around since preschool. My charter school carpool (due to 3 different schools) usually took me two hours every afternoon. Im in a carpool with Ilas group and I only have to drive on Wednesdays! It is amazing!!!!

Both boys hate having half their friends in the other group (they go on tues and Thursdays. Kids with the last Names beginning with A-K go on Monday and Wednesday). but they are both relieved to be out of "mom" school.
Both boys hate having half their friends in the other group (they go on tues and Thursdays. Kids with the last Names beginning with A-K go on Monday and Wednesday). but they are both relieved to be out of "mom" school.
School may not have the same social benefits with this Covid thing. In a way that is sad. School is all business now. I still don't think you get much of a break in the day with half day school. That is like kindergarten.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like everyone is growing up so fast or maybe I'm just getting old too fast. Having both your sons in HS seems unbelieveable.
ReplyDeleteWhen did your boys get so big? They are becoming men. It makes me miss that little dinosaur and his tail (leg) swinging around and growling. ;)
ReplyDeleteThey are getting so big! It is nice to have another driver in the house!
ReplyDelete