Sunday, February 9, 2020

Tad Calister

Tad Calister happens to be in the same ward as Briggs seminary teacher.  She decided to ask him to come talk to his class.  The teacher invited parents to attend the class as well.  Both Adam and I scheduled it and went to the class.  It was so cool hearing him talk about the Book of Mormon! He shared so many cool facts and research about the “proof” of the Book of Mormon.  I just feel bad I didn’t take Avram.

The gray circle on this map basically shows the amount of information they have been able to uncover (the civilizations and history) comparatively to the information and history contained in the Book of Mormon.  He talked about the anachronisms that have been found and continue to be found which reaffirm the validity of the Book of Mormon.  He also talked about those that fall away because  they allow something so little come between the truth of the Book of Mormon and the lack of data we currently have to “prove” that the Book of Mormon is true.  Ie. the debate about wheat being grown in the Americas and the time in which it was actually introduced in the Americas.  Which has now been proven and is no longer a question that it existed during the time it is mentioned in the Book of Mormon.




Adam and I left the class and we were discussing the fascinating Information shared and we both, at about the same time, said despite all that cool info it does not change our belief and testimony of the Book of Mormon.  
The facts are wonderful but the testifying power of of the Holy Ghost is what seals our commitment and love for the Book of Mormon. 

1 comment:

  1. Is he sharing this same information at the RS dinner? I can't wait to hear it. I hope I can switch my tickets without too many problems.

    ReplyDelete