Sunday, February 9, 2020

Getting to know me

Over Black Friday i found a great deal on the 23 and me ancestory and Heath DNA kit.  I have really wanted to try out the test so I splurged.  
I go the info back with some basic results but then I sent the data off to another company that breaks down the results further and explains in more detail the dna combinations.  
Although there wasn’t anything life changing in the results it was fascinating to learn different strengths and weaknesses that are in my DNA.  
Some Information was a given.  My mother always told me to watch my weight and be careful because diabetes runs in the family.  I was floored to see how strong the dna combinations are for type 2 diabetes in my genes.  
I was surprised to see that my dna has a bacteria that causes more cavities.  Finally a reason why I have so many root canals.  Despite flossing and brushing daily I always have cavities! Not fair! But now I know it’s not because I don’t take care of my teeth.  
I loved learning about vitamins my body may lack or need.  
I loved seeing that I have been blessed with the longevity gene (so I better take care of myself so I’m not living a long miserable life😝)
My very favorite Info was a gene that gives me a greater tolerance to intense exercise and Other dna that explains why my passion was sports.  
I loved seeing so many things explained So I could understand why certain things seem easier/ harder for me. Knowing these things helps me understand that i do need to work harder to excel in certain aspects of my life and other things I can do to help me feel better or help my body function more efficiently.  
I posted a few of the results below.  








I know this is a break down of the dna and that there are many other factors that make up who we are, how our health is affected and what we become.  This makes me want to research my children’s dna so maybe I can help them become more successful.  

1 comment: