Sunday, February 9, 2020

Deflate

Adam has the wonderful opportunity to take an amazing trip with one of his construction suppliers each year at the most inconvenient times possible for me.  I know, I can’t complain.  It is always such an awesome trip! But the past few years it has been at the worst time possible! 
This year was no different.  Due to this trip i would miss almost all of Briggs performances! 
I told Adam the only way I would go on the trip was if he would pay extra money and delay the trip at least 24 hours so that I could see opening night for Briggs show.  By delaying the trip I get to see both opening and closing nights for Briggs.  
(Confession, I did go to every rehearsal before the show even opened. But I can never get enough of watching him perform)
Anyway, after a busy month (the past several posts) and helping with rehearsals. (This means I was at the practices, feeding 35 kids several times leading up to the show, taking photos, etc) Adam and I left at midnight after opening night.  It was great to see Briggs perform! 
We had 14 inches of snow on Monday with bad weather expected all week (this is Avrams first week of driving in really bad weather🙄).
Briggs has his worst week of the year with 6am ballroom rehearsals- school- and then the show until 8:30pm. 
Thankfully I could cancel almost everything for Ila drop her off with Crystal and she could handle ila for the week!😅
All the way up until 9 pm Monday night I thought we were going to have to cancel our trip...but I knew Adam needed to get away, it was a free trip to the Dominican Republic,  and I was on the verge of a complete mental break down.  So, I got on the plane nearly in tears.  



We flew out at midnight and arrived in the DR at 5:30pm on Tuesday.  Sadly Adam spent a lot of time waiting for me to sleep.  I never really caught up nor did i adjust to the time in the DR but it was energizing to feel the sun again.  









I don’t think Adam would consider this his favorite trip away because I was constantly checking in with the boys, arranging rides and making sure things were running smoothly at home.  

To add to the stress Avram ended up with the stomach flu, 24 hour bug, and Briggs got a really bad sore throat.  But we made it.  And the trip was very needed! I went from anxiety, stress and a near melt down to actually having a few hours of relief each day and getting to sleep. 


We are currently on our way home.  We will get back at midnight Sunday night.  I had time to plan out my up coming week which starts bright and early Monday because as soon as I get the kids off to school I need to start cooking. I’m feeding the cast of 35 tomorrow afternoon.  
Ilas class is having one of their biggest activities of the year this week (I will show you that in another post).
Briggs has a 5 page research paper due, which means he and I together have a research paper due.  And Avram has PTC this week along with some massive school projects due.  
My kids bless me with the opportunity to be extremely involved in their schooling because it isn’t a strength for any of them yet. (We are working on that😖)

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous you got to be in the sun while we were stuck in the cold. It was fun having Ila for the week!

    ReplyDelete