Sunday, July 1, 2018

June 2018


Ila and her friends love to put on makeup.  It is scary to see her growing up so fast.

Briggs was involved In a Broadway boot camp this summer.  It was two weeks of intense training.  They had a performance at the end to show off all the things they learned. 

The director had me come and take pictures the last two days.



My first tomato came off the plant about a week and a half ago.  My squash plant is gigantic this year!


Avram had youth conference last week.  They did an “exodus”. They were involved in several hikes and trials to learn about the burdens we carry in life and who we must turn to for help.  It was a fantastic three days for the youth.  It was really hard for them but helped strengthen them spiritually.  
I heard it was really hard for the leaders.  After hearing about the number of snakes there I’m really thankful we weren’t asked to attend.  
Avram wasn’t too excited about going but after it was over he admitted that he was glad he went.
We got a cute email from a couple in our stake that had been in Avrams group.  The first day of the youth conference the kids had to pull hand carts.  Avram was put in a group with several girls and only two other boys.  One boy had a hurt ankle so he couldn’t help with the handcart.  The other boy is a really scrawny kid that has to deal with enough anxiety that he can’t handle much more.  Avram pulled the handcart all day!  I guess he asked the stake president if there were any other boys that could come help but he told Avram the groups had been divided as evenly as possible (I don’t think he knew Avram was carrying the entire load).
Anyway the “parents” emailed us and told us how much they enjoyed Avram.  They said that they had told Avram a few times that he was welcome to give the handcart to the girls and they could pull it for awhile.  Avram said, “I feel like at any moment I’m going to run into my dad.  And if my dad saw me making the girls pull the hand cart he would kill me.”

5 comments:

  1. What a cute story about Avram and what a great young man he is. Takes after his parents. Trek experiences are so good for youth. I admire those who plan and execute them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avram is my hero. He can come through when he needs to. I am so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way tell Ila to stop growing up. Life is going way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are raising great kids. Good job, Mama. (and papa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that story! Avram is such a good boy. I am so proud of him. Ila looks so much older with that make-up. Don't let her grow up!

    ReplyDelete