Monday, July 30, 2018

July


Since returning from island park we have kept entertained enjoy all kinds of fun summer activities.  Ila and i went to the south town expo center to support our stake float.  









Several members in our ward helped with this float and the head of the float is a good friend that I have visit taught for years.

My garden is doing amazing this year!  I have always struggled with my tomatoes.  By the end of the year I am always ripping out tomato plants full of green tomatoes and I have only received a few red tomatoes.  I found a suggestion online to help the tomatoes ripen sooner.  While planting add some crushed aspirin and egg shells to the whole.  I figured it couldn’t hurt.  
I am very surprised and happy with the results:





3 comments:

  1. That idea for using aspirin and eggshells is a new trick I've never heard but since I have the same problem every year in my garden I'll have to give it a try when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your canned tomatoes look great. I sure miss having garden produce. So I miss your garden this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is doing way better than mine!

    ReplyDelete