Our 2nd stop was nothing spectacular. I groaned a little thinking, “are we really going to try to stop at every place on the map?” As we neared the top of the trail we saw a couple of people surrounding a man who was laying on the ground. He was shirtless and his jeans were cut all the way up to his buttocks. As we neared this man the people surrounding the man said stay back, don’t go any further on the trail. Still a little confused another man yelled out. There is a bison up the way and he is up set. The people went on to explain that just before we had arrived this man had been gord with a buffalo horn. There were still waiting for some one who had taken off to go find help. There is no phone service so the people were helpless just waiting for help to arrive. Within seconds a forest service truck drove by. Luckily Adam is great at whistling and it was loud enough to catch the drivers attention. They yelled out for medical help. It still took 10 mins for men with first aid kits to arrive and another 10 mins for the ambulance and cops to show up. It still took another 10 mins after that for a helicopter to arrive and fly the man out.
We learned that the woman sitting with the man was just happened to be a cardiac nurse and was able to give the man medical attention immediately. She kept the man calm and probably saved his life. The man had lost a lot of blood before finally being taken away.
Seeing movies of some getting gord with a buffalo horn doesn’t compare to the chunk of flesh that was ripped off this mans back side.
Ila doesn’t remember going to Yellowstone before today so she was scared to death that a Buffalo would come after us.
Other than that we had a few great stops and enjoyed seeing some animals.
That is horrible. I wonder if the man provoked the bison or it just attacked him. I wonder what they did to the bison.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's crazy. I don't know if I've ever heard of a bison attaching someone?? Good to know??
ReplyDeleteI loved reading about all your summer activities. Happy Birthday!! OK, I can't believe you just turned 40. I remember my 40th birthday and that seems like yesterday.
I can't believe how grown up your kids are. Ila is so Cute!!
That is crazy! Your pictures look beautiful! We need to visit Yellowstone more often.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun summer! Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDelete