Ila decided she wanted to have a pool party for her birthday party. We have some good friends that are very generous with their pool so we just had to wait for the weather to cooperate.
I thought the weather would be the hardest thing to work around but I quickly realized that the really hard part was working around everyones schedule.
In desperation we saw a small window of opportunity and we jumped on it. The only bad part about the last minute party was that we didn't get Pearl here.
Briggs and Ila were out of school on Friday and the other kids in the area have early out on Fridays so we planned the party as early as possible.
At Ilas school they discourage birthday party invites unless you invite the entire class. There are 27 students in her class. Because this is a charter school there are many kids that come in from out of town to attend. Ila has been invited to a lot of birthday parties this year by kids in her class but we have never made it to one. I didn't think we would end up having many kids show up to the party. In fact, as of the morning of the party I only knew of 5 kids attending which was fine with me. 10 minutes before the party started kids began showing up. They kept coming and coming! I think we ended up having every kids in her class with the exception of 2. We also had 5 girls in the neighborhood invited.
Well the party was a big success. We did swimming and made sand art in bottles.
Ila had a blast. And we all survived the crazy! I was just thankful that no one got hurt or drowned.
It looks like you had some fun treats. Ila shouldn't be so popular.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! I am not even going to tell Pearl about it. Hopefully Ila can come up for Pearl's birthday.
ReplyDelete