I asked the kids to each hold up their favorite toy that they had received. Its a good sign when they want multiple pictures taken because they can't decide what toy was their favorite.
This year I was able to get all my Christmas shopping done early because I did it all online while I was recovering from my hip surgery. It was nice not having the last minute stresses of finishing up gift shopping or wrapping presents.
Since it was so difficult to hide the presents once they arrived by mail I made sure to wrap them immediately that way if my kids stumbled onto the gifts they wouldn't know what they were.
It was fun having a traditional Christmas this year especially since we were on a vacation last year.
I think Duke ended up enjoying Christmas the most. He loved exploring each box and playing with the wrapping. He is such a funny cat. Most cats don't like when things are different or chaotic around them but Duke doesn't mind as long as he is in the middle of it.
We had the Prestwich family Christmas Party at our house on the 22nd. Adam smoked a great Pork Shoulder. We had homemade rolls (orange rolls also), potatoes, salad, delicious homemade desserts, etc. I was thankful when the party was over. It is always stressful for me to have in laws over. I have a couple of in laws that are very critical and I haven't figured out how to let that roll of my shoulders yet. But I am thankful they are willing to come up.
At the family party we decorated Ginger bread men and houses.
Since the kids were out of school I need to find something productive for them to do. I took them ice skating while I finished up the Christmas cards to mail out.
I can honestly say the best part of the Christmas season was sacrament meeting on Christmas Eve. The Choir put on a fabulous program and many people in the ward participated in a spectacular program.
I am so eternally grateful to my Savior. I know all I have and all I am is because of him.
These are Ilas gifts to her brothers:
Dear Brigham, You are so nice. I am sometimes crazy. Im Sorry.
Dear Avram, You are so nice. I am sometimes crazy. Im sorry.













Great gifts Ila!
ReplyDeleteThe gifts adored with apologies were the best ever. Loved that. You have a wonderful family, Lisa! You're wonderful to be their mother.
ReplyDeleteYou got a new Christmas tree! It looks beautiful! Ila's gifts were so sweet. Looks like you had a great Christmas.
ReplyDeleteWhat did Ila get her brothers?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading some of your cute blog posts. That's great Briggs did so well in his dance competition, but funny you didn't have a clue??
ReplyDeleteYour tree and gingerbread cookies are beautiful!!!