This past year it has been a huge blessing having my parents close by. When I started having kids my parents were still raising their younger children and busy with work. We lived in Vegas so we didn't get to see much of my family. Even after we moved back to Utah we lived far enough away that it wasn't easy to see them between distance and their busy schedule.
This past year my kids have been able to see my parents here and there just stopping by. (Before it was always on a Sunday for a formal dinner and the time was shared with other cousins and only a little time)
I feel like my kids have finally had the chance to know Grandpa and Grandma. One of the big blessings in living close is being able to be with them when they were set apart as missionaries and to hear their testimonies.
I've never lived near my parents since having kids, but it's fun to get their 100% attention when they are in town.
ReplyDeleteIt has been so much fun to live closer. I am going to miss seeing you all. It was fun to just drop in.
ReplyDeleteToo bad they just got settled close by and now are gone again.
ReplyDelete