Thursday, October 26, 2017

Lake Powell

For fall break we went to Lake Powell.  This was the first time I have ever been to lake Powell.  The Slocums had rented a house boat with some friends and they invited us to go in on it.  So there was four families which included 8 adults and 13 kids.

 Every one had friends to play with and the activities were never ending.








 I will never forget the cliff jumping.  My boys are not daring but Briggs had decided he wanted to jump off the cliff.  Avram looked at the cliff and said, "If Briggs jumps, I will."  He was confident Briggs would chicken out.
It took Briggs about 30 mins before he finally took the leap.  Just as Briggs landed in the water someone told Avram that Briggs had actually jumped.  Without giving it a 2nd thought Avram ran and jumped off the cliff.  I don't think I have ever been so shocked and amazed in my life.  I can't believe Avram really jumped.  This is a boy that wont go on a roller coaster because he can't handle the unexpected.

 The kids had a blast digging in the sand and collecting frogs.  I think at one point they had over 40 frogs in this hole.



 I was able to go water skiing one time while we were there.  My hip was so bad that I really struggled to keep my balance.
 Avram tried out a lot of new things.





4 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you had a great trip before you had to have that surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Nice that you got do something fun before your surgery.

    ReplyDelete