Last year while Ila was in kindergarten I was never able to attend the temple that is 5 mins away from my house because it is so busy at the temple that I can't get in and out before it was time to pick up kids. This past week, being the first week of school I was so excited to be able to go to the temple.
I have learned through past experience that there is no point trying to squeeze in initatories because they take longer then a session because of the long lines.
Let me tell you about me session on a Thursday morning at 10am. First off, I parked in the 2nd to last spot in the back of the parking lot. The entire session was full. When we got to the changing room you had to wait for your locker because it was so crowded in the dressing rooms. I didn't even stop for the prayer roll because there were lines at every
one.
There must have been a wedding because there were people all around the temple outside.

That is Provo as well.
ReplyDeleteYes, we've had Draper, Jordan River, and even SL for a while closed for remodeling or cleaning. You have to be in Oquirrh Mountain at least 45 minutes before a session starts and every session is packed to the max. Draper is only open Fri. and Sat. until mid November due to some leaking windows. It's crazy that we have become used to having so many temples and now they seem not to be enough.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is crazy! I can't believe all your kids are in school.
ReplyDeleteThat is crazy! Vernal is never that busy! I've only seen one full session since we've moved and intiatories are so fast, hardly ever have to wait here and I've gone a lot!
ReplyDelete