This was a very emotional week. Exactly one week ago I was reading through some blogs, trying to catch up on everyones lives, when I got a text on my phone. I was told that a neighbor/ ward member was in the hospital. Jessica (Jesse) was due on Monday Aug 15th with her first baby. While Jesse and Brandon (her husband) were sitting in church they had gotten worried because they hadn't felt the baby move. Just saturday night the baby was active and doing well. Sunday afternoon they went to the hospital and found out the baby had died. It took about 24 hours before she could finally have the baby.
As soon as Adam and I heard the news on Sunday we headed straight over to the hospital. We helped give some advice and share in their pain. I spend most of the day with them Monday. I got to hold little Easton and I took a lot of pictures for them.
I have spent the week getting them edited pictures, helped with planning the funeral, and helped with anything I could do for them. They asked me to speak at the funeral.
I am usually very careful about getting too close or too involved in these situations because so many feelings surface. I was in the middle of this most of the week. Emotionally I was exhausted. Spiritually I was able to feel the veil thin and I was able to feel close to Gabriel. I hurt for this poor girl as I knew each step she had ahead and I felt her pain as she broke down.
It is humbling and amazing to me to be given the opportunity to be in the presence of these strong spirits. It is truly a gift to be able to help care for their precious bodies.







My heart hurts for them. I am grateful that you were able to support them through this difficult time. It is amazing how you have become such a source of strength to others.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little boy. That is a lot of memories and emotions to deal with. A couple for weeks and it will be Gabe's Birthday.
ReplyDeleteSo sad! So glad she had you there to help her through this. Sometimes part of the reason we have trials is so we know how to help others going through them later. I'm sure she was glad to have you.
ReplyDeleteYou have such a special gift to comfort and help heal the pain this family must be experiencing. You will be blessed for you generosity and sacrifices.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were there to help this couple through some very difficult times. So sad. It must be hard on you to, to go through all those feelings and emotions again.
ReplyDeleteHeartbreaking. So hard to face our emotions sometimes. You are amazing. I'm sure you're a blessing in their time of grief.
ReplyDelete