We have been rushing to finish up some major projects on our home. Our appraisal was completed but it was contingent on getting the exterior completed. It has been a very busy summer for Adam at work and I have had to be more careful lately due to some physical problems so it has been really difficult to finish up a few of these things.
We got our lawn laid the day before we were leaving for our big family summer vacation. We worked Wednesday night and got about half the yard done and then Nicholle brought up her boys and they helped me and our boys finish up the yard. It was a big day; especially considering that we were suppose to leave town the next day but we made it.I guess I haven't really written much this summer. About a month ago I was struggling to walk. My hip was in so much pain that it was hard to stand up, walk stairs or do really anything. I went to one of the best surgeons in the state to have him look at my hip. I found out that I was born with hip dysplasia. The doctor said it is common to have hip dysplasia and live a fairly normal life but basically the hip falls apart early and a hip replacement is needed. This was most likely a huge contributing factor for my early knee replacement. The doctor just shook his head sadly and told me that we were going to everything possible to put off the hip replacements. I have been given my first cortisone shots and they told me to take anti inflammatories to help relieve the pain. When the day comes that I can't handle the pain any longer then they will do the replacement. There fore the physical labor that we have needed to do on the house has been difficult.


I am glad you are catching up your blog. I miss reading about what is going on.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are catching up your blog. I miss reading about what is going on.
ReplyDeleteBecky had hip dysplasia that was discovered by accident when a passing doctor saw an x-ray that other doctors were examining for kidney problems. She was fortunate to be discovered early but had to wear a hip brace until she was almost 2.
ReplyDeleteYuck no fun, I'm sorry you have another surgery in your future.
ReplyDelete