What did Avram do this week?
Avram participated in an emergency training program. He had a blast moaning and groaning until the trainees were able to help him.
What did Brigham do this week?
Briggs had a big research paper due this week about a famous person, he chose Blackbeard the Pirate. Part of the report included making a bottle head character. He was required to use a soda bottle and a styrofoam ball for the head. I have to admit that I wasn't excited about doing this project with Briggs.
After we got going we had a lot of fun.
Not only did we have fun but Briggs had the best bottle head in the whole grade. He was so excited to take his bottle head to school and show it off.
Briggs also participated in a short play to finish up their learning section on Native Americans.
What did Ila do this week?
I have this funny app on my phone and Ila has a blast playing with it when she is stuck in the car with me. She has made so many videos and pictures that crack me up.
We have had a lot of rain this Spring. Between the rain we went to the park one morning. It was so nice to enjoy the outdoors for a little bit. Im going a little crazy because we have to get some concrete poured before we can start our landscaping. My yard is a disaster, I don't have my garden in, and we have a lot of mud getting tracked in the house.
What did Lisa do this week?
Besides the adventures of being mom I spent a few hours in the family history center having a lady teach me about research and family history. She has a very organized process for research and she teaches classes in Ogden. Im feeling a little overwhelmed because of all the work involved but I just need to do a little bit each day.
Our stake 11year old scout troop started their yearly fundraiser this week. It was fun having Briggs with me as I went out fundraising through the stake. We sell tickets to a pancake breakfast which we (the scouts) make in June.
This year I should be seeing nearly all the ward primary presidencies in the stake being changed. We had a primary training for a new presidency this week.
I know Im getting old because I keep hearing myself say, "They are so young."
What did Adam do this week?
He is really busy with work, which is great.
I don't know if I mentioned that he sprained his ankle a month ago. This was much more then a sprain. Im sure he did some permanent ligament damage. He has struggled with his ankle all month and he still takes medicine at night when he gets home from work because his ankle is throbbing.
Adam has been serving in the Elders Quorum presidencies but this week he was released and called to serve as the 2nd counselor in the Young Mens Presidency. Im really excited he will be working with the deacons which means he will be with Avram and in a year Briggs will be there also.
In between all the things I have covered we also did a couple of soccer practices, Gymnastics, Karate, ward party, baseball games, work on the house, etc.








I knew they couldn't keep Adam away from the young men. He is so good with them. I hope his ankle gets better. I hope he doesn't continue to have problems. We are having problems getting cement poured as well around the Barlow. Too much rain.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of stuff for one week. I'm glad I read before I gasped seeing that first picture of Avram. Hope Adam gets back to normal soon. It's hard to lead YM with a torn ligament.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear what your family is doing!
ReplyDelete