I remember during the week thinking I have so much to Blog about this week. Now that I sit down and start thinking about what to type I am blank.
The count down is on for summer break. Since all my kids attend different schools it is hard to keep up with everyones schedule. Briggs and Ila will be done with school this coming Friday. Avram has about two week left of school.
This week was the tryouts for the school play for next year. I posted a few pictures of the play this past year. The director (Jules) is an amazing lady. She brings out the best in each child that she works with. She puts a lot of time and effort into the play. This past year they performed sussical the musical. This coming year they will perform sleeping beauty.
The thing I loved most about the play last year is that I think it is the most time and effort Briggs has ever put into anything and completed it. The last couple of weeks of the play got really rough and Briggs wanted to quit but he held out and ended up having an amazing experience. Briggs went back and forth about trying out again this coming year. He was really disappointed when he found out the play was Sleeping Beauty but when he found out there were some goblins and goons in the play he decided he would try out.
Tryouts are not easy. Parents are not allowed in the tryouts. There is 6 people watching and making notes. Each child has to prepare to sing a song from Broadway. They also ask the kids to perform a couple of parts on the spot. Briggs was really worried about the tryouts.
I was praying that Briggs would make a part in the play, any part. I just wanted him to be involved in the play, work with this director again, and invest himself into something.
We waited impatiently to get the results. Tryouts were Tuesday but the list wasn't posted until Saturday. She took half as many kids this year for the play then she had last year which was another stress.
Saturday we finally got the results. Briggs made the play!!! He will be the Pest. One of Maleficent's goons. I am so thankful! Briggs is excited too.
That sounds like a perfect part for a rambunctious boy in a normally girly show.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for Briggs! I can't wait to see it!
ReplyDelete