Saturday, September 28, 2024

We have been trunky

 Yes, we have been trunky to get Avram home.  He has grown and changed so much these past two years.  He has accomplished things I never thought possible.  He hasn't had an easy mission.  His mission president assigned him companions that needed to "be fixed."  Avram struggled not only with a difficult mission when it comes to teaching but he spent too much time having to battle companions that didn't want to follow rules.  But through these challenges Avram has been able to build a relationship with the Savior that will be priceless.  

I have been preparing Avrams room.  We had a major flood this summer so we ended up replacing the flooring and repainting his room.  Several months ago I decided to make Avram a mission blanket.  I bought fabric that was in the pattern of the Aboriginal art in Australia.  I asked mom for help in embroidering some things on the blanket.  Well this was a win win win for me. lol.  

Mom got carried away, I bought the fabric and cut it.  Mom took the pieces embroidered the items and then couldn't wait to get it put together.  So this was the easiest blanket I have ever made but didn't make.  Im actually extremely thankful for her help.  Im not sure how I would have squeezed it in with everything else going on.  It would have been awful having this blanket in pieces and not complete for his return.  




3 comments:

  1. His quilt looks amazing!!! We can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Avram likes his quilt. I am so excited to see him on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His room looks great. Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete