Sunday, September 8, 2024

Saying goodbye

The girls and I flew back down to Texas.  It was hard saying good bye to them.  Hopefully we can get them up here again soon.  It was such a great experience having them stay with us.  

Originally Adam and I thought it would be fun to go on a trip together while Ila was at FSY.  Plans changed so we ended up going with some friends of ours to Alaska a couple weeks later.  Even though it was summer it was still COLD!  We rented an RV and drove around to different places so we could do lots in a short trip.  

We went fishing a couple of times. 

We did a rafting trip.  The most impressive part of the rafting was all the bald eagles we saw along the way.


We did several hikes. 







I learned that I will never go to Alaska in the winter. 


2 comments: