Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Back and Forth

We returned from island park for two days before going back.  We got some Quentin time while we were home. 

 My best friend Lisa (whose husband passed away 7 years ago) has been struggling in a second marriage.  She and her husband decided to separate and she was moving so I was able to go help her move stuff for a couple of days.  We were able to catch up and I talked her into coming to island park.  

She came and brought 4 of her 6 children along.  
Her kids have really struggled with their step dad.  He doesn't have much patience for them.  Lisas kids adored Adam.  It was touching and yet hard seeing how they each have struggled with the loss of Lisas husband and their biological father.  


We took them to Yellow stone and did a lot of dirt bike riding.  

By the time this week was over I had decided I would stay in island park one extra day, just with Ila.  I was ready to crash after such a hectic summer.  About 20 mins after I had made that decision Briggs called to inform me that our basement had flooded.  
We may have set a record in the fastest cleaning, pack up and leaving the cabin.  
Sigh,  sprinkler problem....

3 comments:

  1. It was really nice of you to invite Lisa and her kids to your cabin. Island Park is such a beautiful and peaceful get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't gotten much of a rest this summer. By the time you get the basement cleaned up you will be up at Island Park again with the family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a nice friend. I hope you get some rest in before we come up.

    ReplyDelete