We were out back this afternoon, sharing some vegetables with a neighbor of ours. Our friend Tyson went to bite into an asian pear and suddenly he got stung. The bee stung him on his lip. He was panicking and running around. I thought this guy acts like a little kid when he sees a bee. Adam ran over to help him and suddenly started dancing around. Tyson took off running to the front of our house.
When I saw Adam begin panicking I ran over to help him because Adam is allergic to bee stings. When I got there he had several bees stuck to his pants. It didn't help to shew the bees I had to actually brush them off of his pants.
Now I had entered the danger zone because bees started swarming me. Everyone tried to brush off the bees and run in the house. Despite everyone trying to leave the bees outside we still had bees in the house. I think a few of them hitch a ride in the house on the dogs.
We ran around like crazy people trying to kill the bees that kept appearing. After killing more than a dozen bees in the house we all started to figure out the damage from the bee attack. Adam was stung once in the leg, Tyson was stung 5 times, and his wife Brittany was stung once. Brittany was never in the middle of the mess and she was stung. Some how I ended up the only one not stung.
I was so surprised we had the swarm of bees/ wasps because I hadn't seen a hive anywhere in the yard. I went out a couple days later when I assumed the bees were calmed down but there was no sign of the bees. I have never seen such aggressive wasps without anyone approaching a hive, or agitating them.
Adam suffered for 2 weeks due to his bee sting. He has swelling, itching and a lot of heat around the sting.
The good part of the day was that the kids went in the house less than 5 mins before the attack began so none of them were stung.
That is crazy! You guys are lucky you weren't hurt worse than you were.
ReplyDeleteI wonder why the bees were so mad and in attack mode.
ReplyDeleteCrazy! Poor Adam
ReplyDelete