Sunday, April 4, 2021

Life and Death

Elder Rasband spoke about miracles in our lives.  He talked about things that happen in our lives and we don't even realize they are miracles.  It reminded me of a miracle I witnessed in my life a couple of weeks ago.  
I was at Costco.  I had parked in the back of the parking lot so that I wasn't near anyone that might hit my new car.  I was loading some groceries in the truck of my car.  I suddenly heard some kind of small explosion/ loud pop.  Just two stalls away there was, what appeared to be a large pile of glass.  I assumed someone had thrown a glass bottle.  This obviously bothered me a little but luckily it didn't land too close or hit me.  There was a Costco employee collecting baskets a short distance away.  He asked me what had happened.  I answered that some kind of bottle had just exploded.  He was curious about what it was so he walked over to see what it was.  After observing the pile of what appeared to be glass he said, "this isn't glass, this is ice."  Both of us looked around trying to figure out where a piece of ice that large could have come from.  It was a warm day and there wasn't any snow or ice to be seen.  
We both looked around and realized a helicopter that had flown over us just seconds before had dropped a huge ice chunk.  We saw another smaller piece of ice fall from the helicopter as it disappeared into the distance.  
This may not sound like a big deal but the ice that had fallen was big enough that it would have left a large dent on a car had it been hit and could have seriously injured someone had they been hit.  

3 comments:

  1. That is strange. I am so glad you or your car were not hit. Watch parking in the Costco lot under the trees at the end of the parking area. We have parked there and had birds cover our car with poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you were protected. It makes one wonder how often we have been protected and not even realized it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's crazy! I am glad it didn't hit you.

    ReplyDelete