It was spring break and beautiful weather so I took advantage of the situation and tried to get a few hours of work out of my kids.
We took down the old rickety swing set, trimmed the fruit trees, took lots of garbage to the dump, and spread mulch through out the yard.
I had this beautiful peach tree out front that Adam had complained about from day one of planting it. I thought I could keep the tree from being a problem from blocking our vision when backing out of the drive way but it was a healthy and full tree so it had become a problem.
I gave Avram a chain saw and told him to go out front and cut down the tree that blocked our ability to see when backing out of the drive way. Avram agreed but then asked me to point out exactly which tree he should cut down. I was in the middle of doing something so I told him, Avram it is the tree by the drive way that blocks the road so we can't see when we are backing up.
Avram was hesitant but said, "ok."
It ended up adding a lot more work to the week but I am happy that I have been able to replace the tree with an asian pear tree.
So below is a picture of one of my sprinklers. Is there anything I can do to stop this kind of build up on my sprinklers?


That is so funny about the tree. Your yard looks so nice. I will miss the lovely peaches off that tree. Your sprinklers does look scary.
ReplyDeleteThat is SO SAD TO LOSE A MATURE TREE! We had to cut down a flowering pear a couple of years ago because it had a fungus. It will take years for the new tree we planted a year ago to catch up.
ReplyDeleteYou have been working so hard in your yard! I feel like a complete slacker. I need to get moving.
ReplyDelete